Monday, April 30, 2012

Brunnhildar Harpoon — Northrend's best kept secret

What at first sight appears to be nothing else than a white quality polearm, is in fact a white quality polearm that can be transmogrified. Woah! I know, right. I stumbled upon it two days ago, when I was scanning the Horde auction house for low priced transmog pieces to complete my hunter set (the Ornate mail is crazily expensive on Alliance side).

The top rated comment on its wowhead page said that it can be used for transmogrification but I wasn't fully convinced so today I finished up the quest line to get the required reputation and bought it from Warsmith Sigfinna for 19g and a bit. I've already seen it on the auction house for 250g, but it must be one of those items that stay there for a long time since very little people know about it. However, it doesn't bind when you transmog to it, so you can just put it on the auction house after you're done or mail it to your hunter like I did. Have I mentioned that it also hides enchants?

Warsmith Sigfinna also sells a bow - with a wooden dragon head design which I quite like - and a two-handed axe (with the same blue glow) that can both be used for transmogrification. 


I'm hoping it will be a match for the replica Feralheart gear since that has a lot of vivid blue, but for now, here it is with my resto set.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice look, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! *proud*

      Only two weeks ago did I start following your tip about the pearls (and it was well worth the farm too)!

      Delete
  2. Wait, what?

    So the Defiler's Mask and the Twilight Cultist gear can't be mogged...but there's some whites out there that can be? Eeeenteresting. Kudos to you for making this discovery (and yes, it looks excellent).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I had the Twilight Cultist gear sitting in my bank for when my priest would ding 60. :(

      From what I've been reading, it seems it's not so much the quality of the items that determines if they are moggable but whether or not they have stats, and proc effects like those of these weapons apparently count as 'stats' too.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome info and excellent polearm. I'm tempted to check out the axe for my characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting find. That's a really nice looking weapon for a white item. I'm tempted to get one :P

    Looks good with your set too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. I love it!! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great find! A white that can be mogged? I need to get me one of those to show off :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dig it! *Writes on a sticky note* Officially on my shit to do tonight list!

    ReplyDelete