Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bloodmail Legguards — Mail


The Bloodmail Legguards are, from what I've seen, the only all-black legs currently in the game. They drop in from the mini-bosses in Scholomance which will be removed with Mists of Pandaria; so if you want to get them, now is the time!

I had a black and gold theme in mind, but this is the first time I've tried mixing three colors together.

- Shoulders: Skybreaker's Mantle
- Chest: Ornate Breastplate
- Hands: Ornate Gauntlets
- Waist: Ornate Girdle or Masterwork Girdle
- Legs: Bloodmail Legguards
- Feet: Ornate Greaves
- Back: Warmonger's Cloak

I love how the shoulders look on worgen males! I expect them to be large on draenei and dwarves as well but they're rather underwhelming on female characters, as you'll see below.

This outfit reminds me of Effy's classy worgen for some reason! (Not that this hunter is that classy, but most worgen wearing cloaks and pants look sophisticated to me.)


These leggings are the most versatile piece of armor in my opinion as black matches anything - although I'm just sticking with the black and gold idea here, don't shy away from trying out different looks in MogIt! I remember seeing a blog post somewhere, where this was profusely illustrated. Must try to find it back! Edit: here it is on Stylish Azeroth, Argo even made it to the top 15 in a WoW factor event with one of those outfits!

The boots aren't the best choice out there, but they'll have to do since I've been yearning to match an outfit to that chest piece.

- Chest: Golden Dragonstrike Breastplate
- Hands: Mistshroud Gauntlets
- Feet: Sparkleshell Sabatons (or Triumphant Sabatons for a brighter hue)

Sadly, the gloves and boots look somewhat ordinary on a night elf female so I probably won't be wearing this outfit on my hunter until I've found replacements! Thus far only the Grunt's Ankle Wraps seem to fit, but the matching Hand Wraps throw it off-balance - too mcuh red, it clashes!

On a sidenote, I can't believe it's been three weeks since I last posted something! I've got way too many outfits piled up now so I should resist the urge to post them all at once (but I doubt I will), and then I have about three big transmog projects that have been labeled "work in progress" since I first started this blog. Not to mention the upcoming exams - here's idle hope I don't procrastinate too much!

3 comments:

  1. Those outfits you made are so elegant!

    I love these pants too, and you wrote about them almost exactly in the same words as I did in my post :)
    There are great posts from ALT:ernative and Kamalia et alia who also made beautiful outfits with these legguards.
    Aren't mail wearers lucky to have these pants? :)

    P.S. I'll add all 3 links to my post to keep it all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is the blog I was actually talking about in this post! What a coincidence! I guess you read something somewhere, suddenly you're writing it down and think it's something unique - oops!

      Either way, thanks for commenting. I did love those sets you did there! (Although for some reason I thought there were about four different sets - hmm).

      Delete