Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pirate 2.0 — Cloth

It's been two months since I posted the red pirate outfit and I still haven't been able to get my hands on all the pieces. Especially the bracers and the Buccaneer's Vest are proving to be difficult; someone is snatching said vest off at low prices and reselling for more than I'd ever spend on a transmog item. I still want to be able to wear my Bloodsail Admiral though, and this is what I've come up with for the time being.

- Head: Admiral's Hat (tailoring)
- Shoulders: Abjurer's Mantle
- Chest: Regal Armor
- Bracers: Mistscape Bracers
- Hands: Black Mageweave Gloves (tailoring)
- Waist: Azure Silk Belt (tailoring)
- Legs: Mystral Leggings
- Feet: Everstill Sandals

- Weapon: Razor Blade
- Off-hand: Lost Bag of Whammies, drops off the archaeology bosses in Zul'Gurub ("Cache of Madness")

All of the greens are easy to find on the AH, the mats for the tailoring craftables are cheap and the leggings and boots drop in Cataclysm areas (while also sharing their looks with some Cata quest rewards). The Regal Armor is probably the second most difficult piece to obtain (after the off-hand) since it drops off level 41-47 (elite) mobs. Rare spawns in that level range are also worthwhile to hunt down.

To do the archaeology bosses in ZG your party needs to have a player in the group with an archaeology minimum skill of 225. You then face one random boss out of four, but luckily the Lost Bag of Whammies is on every boss' loot table with a drop chance of 20-22%. I was able to get it on my first run, it may take you somewhat longer depending on how well-willing your group is.

I went for a dagger with a blue hue, but any white blade will do. In-game, I've substituted the Abjurer's Mantle for Mistscape Mantle.

4 comments: