Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ravenwing Pauldrons — Leather


I went for a green and brown theme to match the glow of the shoulders. All the pieces except those below are part of the Dandred Garb, a level 81-ish green BOE set.

- Head: Emerald Beholder Eye, BOE drop from Collidus the Warp-Watcher in Shadowmoon Valley
- Shoulders: Ravenwing Pauldrons, dungeon drop from Lieutenant Drake in Old Hillsbrad normal
- Bracer: Flamebinder Bracers, JP reward
- Hands: Planter's Gloves (A), reward from The Seeds of Life or Gloves of Unfocused Rage (H) from Hezrul Bloodmark

- Shirt: any of the Martial shirts
- Weapon: Shard of Azzinoth, raid drop from Illidan Stormrage in Black Temple

Notes: Dandred Garb shares its looks with Haldarr and Aboraz Garb

Most of the pieces here are easily obtainable, the hardest one to get is probably the blue quality head since you have to camp a rare spawn npc for it. Depending on server population this rare might be hard to find, since the items he drops have quite a unique look. There's a lot of speculation about his respawn timer, but I'm guessing he is on a 12 hour or 24 hour one, since I've been able to kill him for two consecutive days, always in the late morning.

Edit; I forgot to add these!

- Head: Guise of the Tidal Lurkers, High Warlord Naj'entus in Black Temple
- Cloak: Dreadfire Drape, Lord Rhyolith (HC) or Sleek Flamewrath Cloak, bought from Avengers of Hyjal quartermasters (note: they have a slighty different design)


Prancing in Hyjal:

9 comments:

  1. Oh that is nice. Druidy rogue goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell I'm a druid at heart :P

      Delete
  2. This post distracted me from looking at your blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you took those shoulders in a completely different direction than I did. As I'm firewalled at work, feel free to check out Siori @ Runetotem (US) for my effort with those shoulders...which by the way I spent a week farming on Heroic before I realized the bum drops them in the regular version. I also haven't shared it on my own blog as I need to get me another dagger instead of the very ugly tankard she's wielding at the moment.

    PS, the new header is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never came to my mind to work in some white, but once I saw your armory it seems so evident - I'm a sucker at pairing more than two colors; I'm quite impressed! On a sidenote, I have that tankard sitting in my bank, waiting for me to level up my dwarf shaman (if only you could transmogrify stein off-hands!).

      And thanks! I felt positively pressured after I saw a couple of bloggers fancy up their blogs this past month. *wink*

      Delete
  4. I love those shoulders, my Gnome rogue is currently sporting them and I never thought of using the eyepatch. That would go perfectly with her green hair.

    She might have to take a small vacation to Shadowmoon Valley.

    Inspired choice of weaponry too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I was under the impression that there was another green eyepatch like that, but obtained by engineering. Perhaps I'm confusing it with the cloth headgear. It might be worth looking into, if you have engineering; it would save you the camp in any case.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, that's a great looking set. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete