Sunday, September 2, 2012

Patch 5.0.4 and weapon enchants

Sad day for me, when I discovered Blizzard has apparently 'fixed' some weapons to display weapon enchants. I've only had very little time to test it out, but I've found out that not all weapons seem to be affected by this 'fix'. Flame Wrath is one of those for the time being (see below). I tried doing a quick search on the forums, but real life is kind of busy right now so I haven't really been able to find any blue posts on the matter within the time I've spent looking.

Kiril and the Staff of the Redeemer (as well as its lookalikes) sadly do display those enchants now. I don't have a screen shot of the Redeemer but I know this for a fact, since I just logged on to see my shadow priest guild mate with that staff and Power Torrent visible.

I just hate stealth changes!

I will start going over everything to see which items have been affected, although the update won't be up until next week. Edit: it seems it will still be a while before this is fully updated, as I'm - again - having some issues with my computer, forcing me to resort to my laptop, which produces terrible-quality screenshots.

5 comments:

  1. I just found this out as well and am super upset about the changes. Why 'fix' this 'problem' if they're not going to implement toggling on/off displaying enchant glows (which is requested continuously on the Blizzard forums)?

    Ah well, it is still good to hear at least a few of them haven't been fixed... Thank you for all your hard work on this site just by the way, as I use it like a bible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, there was a post on WoW Insider that stated Blizzard was 'working' on toggling enchants on/off; but that was back in January and it does seem counter-intuitive to 'fix' this if that were truly the case. Hopefully they will take notice of the anti-landslide community at some point.

      And thanks! I wouldn't trust it too much at the moment, though; I won't be able to update any of this until the beginning of next week.

      Delete
  2. Hello Toki! I agree, enchants showing can really ruin a good mog look. Hopefully Blizz will take the "toggling on/off" thing off the back burner some day and implement it for us.

    I was also upset about them changing how some classes (hunters and priests/mages/warlocks I'm looking at you) now have to decide which main hand weapon to use/show. My hunters had some sweet looking polearms that finished off their mog sets perfectly. Thankfully, my bows were/are just as sweet and look really good on their backs...but I really, really wanted to keep my polearms showing. :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had originally planned to be all suave about the fact they were taking away our stat sticks - but then I ran EoE and Black Ice *finally* dropped for me; literally the day before the patch. I'm keeping it in my bank, just in case.

      I'm still getting used to seeing my bow on my back; however, I like that cloth wearers can finally show off their wands (and this is not at all because my mage has one with a star on a stick that shoots sparkles and a pointy hat to go with it, no no, totally independent of that, nevermind that I'm considering race and sex changing to a gnome male)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete